Applications for SOC enrollment are available below. Fully completed applications and all required documentation must be delivered in person, by a parent or guardian only, and will be accepted as follows:
Where: MelNAP Board of Education Office
18530 Prospect Street
Melvindale, MI 48122
When: Monday through Thursday
July 17, 2023 through August 15, 2023
Time: 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Parents/Guardians Must Furnish the Following:
- SOC Application (fully completed)
- Original Birth Certificate (no copies)
- Most Recent Report Card and Transcripts for Grades 9-11
- Applications must be accompanied by a Behavioral Record printout from student’s current school
- Legal Custody Paperwork, if applicable
- Current IEP, if Special Services are required
PLEASE NOTE: Be sure to get all of the required school records from your child’s current school before the end of this school year. The open enrollment period for MelNAP is during the summer, and you may not have access to the school records necessary to apply for School of Choice. Incomplete application packets WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
Please see the SOC Application Packet for full instructions and requirements.