Mr. Munther Bahri
Hello! My name is Mr. Bahri. It's truly an honor to be part of the wonderful Cardinal Family as an ESL/Bilingual teacher at Strong Middle School! This is my 4th year of teaching in the Melvindale-Northern Allen Park School District, after 20 years in Detroit Public Schools. I was born in Mosul, Iraq, and graduated from the University of Mosul with a B.A. in ESL (1985) and an M.A. (English Literature-1990). In the US, I pursued my study at Easter Michigan University and obtained my teaching certificate. Then in 2004, I completed my bilingual endorsement at Wayne State University. However, learning is a lifelong process, so I am still learning from other people's experiences and owe a remarkable debt to my colleagues as well as to my students who inspire and support me in my teaching career!
In my free time, I love to read spiritual books, participate in church activities, write hymns, and write and translate poetry. I also enjoy going out with my family to see beautiful tourist attractions. On weekends, I like to watch nice family movies with my wife, Janan, my two boys, Alvin and Adrian, and my daughter, Alondra.
A family trip to the Great Smoky Mountains in 2012
I am really excited to start this new 2020-2021 school year with my creative colleagues, the Cardinals, and my amazing students! STRONG MIDDLE SCHOOL is Exceptional!!
This is my family at the Bahamas in 2017
- ELD (6,7,8) Newcomers/ World Cultures حَضارات العالم-3rd HR/ Every Monday and Wednesday from 10:30-11:55
- ELD/Newcomers 6-8-6th HR/ Tuesday and Thursday from 12:30 P.M.-1:55 P.M. الأدَب الأنكَليزي/رواية، قصة قصيرة، وشعر
- ELD/Newcomers-4th HR/ Every Tuesday and Thursday from 9:00 AM-10:25 A.M قَواعد اللُّغة الأنكَليزيّة
- ELD/Newcomers-5th HR/ Every Tuesday and Thursday from 10:30 A.M.-11:55 A.M.قِراءة النّصوص ومَعاني الكَلِماتْ
- ELD/RTI-Monday and Wednesday 9:00-10:25-قِراءة ومُناقشَة الكُتُب 2nd HR/ Library Books